The Grand Gallery is located in an old Victorian house with an attached horse barn. Built in the 1850’s, this was home to Ada’s mail carrier Rex Anthony (pictured at right in front of the 1890s horse barn). Anthony lived in the house until shortly before his death. The property was then purchased by two brothers from Detroit, MI (pictured working on the house). They spent roughly ten years remodeling the house and expanding the horse barn. The brothers incorporated recycled materials salvaged from well-known buildings throughout Michigan: the flooring came from the old Herpolsheimer’s Department Store in downtown Grand Rapids; the fireplace surround is from Hudson’s corporate offices in Detroit. Upon completion of the renovation, the barn was used as a youth center and an antique shop before being transformed into an art gallery. The home was initially rented to the Franciscan nuns who taught music lessons to local residents for twenty-five years. After the nuns moved out in 2003, the barn and house were joined creating the Grand Gallery you see today.